Phew, what a run. I basically wanted to install oracle-xe with backwards compatibility libraries first. Since this didn’t work out, I installed kvm and installed it using ubuntu. Due to my wireless driver, I wasn’t able to bind ports correctly (or I was able, but I was pissed off by the long boot times :D).
Now, I decided to set up a arch32 chroot, and install oracle-xe there. It worked out quite fine on the 2nd try (made some mistakes on the first try).
So now, I have a nice system – up and running with oracle, still using 64 bit. That’s great, since I also can run some 32 bit apps which I always wanted to run on my 64bit box.